Thursday, October 1, 2009

2 Months.

Well..... I can now say that I have been here two months already. I know it doesn't seem like it at all. But, it is. :) I haven't written for a while because I have had alot going on in my life. Some good some bad. But, each one of them have made me a stronger person. Lets see...... About 3 weeks ago my host family thought it would be a good idea to meet my other families. And it was a great idea. They are all super nice and I feel like I will have a good year with each of them. They are all so welcoming and stuff. I am going to meet my host sister in my third family today for coffee. Im excited. Let's see. Two weekends ago I went to a church campout in Lempälää. Its about 20 miles from where I live. It was a good time. We all went to bed around 12.00 and stuff. Then at 2.30 I woke up to someone getting out of bed. I was like ok.... whatever. Then I looked out the window and noticed that there was an orange glow coming from the window. Then the kid who got out of his bed started to yell fire, fire, fire. The building what was about 10 ft. from ours was completely on fire. We are lucky we made it out of ours in time. It was probally the scariest thing I have had to go through while on exchange. Everyone is ok.... Just in shock. On a happy note. I had finals this week for my term. I feel pretty good about them. I had spanish on monday and I feel good about it, english on tuesday, (it was acutally pretty hard.) for sports we went and played laser tag. And I finish my political science final. finally. I am so happy to get out of that class. my teacher is anti-american and was extremely rude to me. I am happy I dont have to see him for class again. Next term starts next week. I am taking English 8. (One of the highest), Psychology 9.1 ( One of the highest) Math 1.2 (The first years math.) and Biology 2.1 ( The second years biology.) This may be one of the hardest codes I have to take. But, I am up for the challenge. I feel that I can take on anything after these two months. I know I have along way to go. But, I feel good about it.

1 comment:

  1. Wow Ryan, reading all of those posts was very interesting.
    I'm sorry you're missing your family. You're right, you're not alone in the homesickness.
    At least you have a good famaily, I'm changing mine this week... :/
    I hope we can visit eachother some time, maybe.
    Have fun and do everything you have the chance to do!!

    Jenna
    :]]

    ReplyDelete